What is this Policy all about?
Trixity Pty Ltd (ACN 622 104 929) as trustee for the Bracy Family Trust and/or its related entities (“Trixity”) knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
This notice applies to information collected by Trixity in connection with www.trixity.com.au and other sites and services operated by Trixity as we disclose to you.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Trixity Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your Trixity experience. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services, for marketing communications, to update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and to recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our services, store, websites and applications (together “sites”), prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our sites or give us in any other way. See examples of what we collect in this notice below. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your browser accesses sites or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Trixity on other websites. See examples of the information we receive below.
- E-mail Communications:To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mails from Trixity if your device supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. See examples of the information we receive below.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognise your device and to provide features such as 1-click purchasing, product recommendations, personalised advertisements on other websites (e.g. Trixity associates may use content served by trixity.com.au) and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
How Trixity Use and Disclose the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries and related entities www.trixity.com.au controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Marketing Communications:Sometimes and with the required consent we send communications to selected groups of Trixity customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. You can manage the types of communications you receive, and opt out of certain communications.
- Protection of Trixity and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Trixity, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent:Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Is My Information Protected?
The practices we adopt to protect and secure your information depend on the type of information we collect and how we collect your information.
We cannot guarantee the security of your information when you use our website and social media tools, as the internet is not a secure vehicle for transmitting information. If you have any concerns about disclosing your information over the internet, please contact us via e-mail, telephone, post or fax using the Contact Details below. We note that:
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your device. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared device.
Which Information Can I Access?
Trixity gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Trixity for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. See below to see some examples, the list of which will change as our sites evolve.
You can request access to your information using the Contact Details in this Policy. We may require you to provide the request in writing, as well as evidence verifying your identity or that you have authority to request access (e.g. legal guardian). We will provide you access to your information in the way that you request, unless it is unreasonable or unpractical to do so. Access may also be refused in particular situations, including where access would pose a risk to health and safety, the privacy of others and if refusal is permitted by a Court or Tribunal order. If accessed is refused, we may still be required to provide access to your information in another form which is reasonable and practical (e.g. providing a USB with your information as opposed to copies). We may charge you a reasonable fee for providing access to your information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of some Trixity features.
- You can add or update certain information. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- You can manage the types of communications you receive from us, and opt out of certain communications. You consent to receiving communications in accordance with any preferences selected. (If you do not want to receive conditions of use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of trixity.com.au, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalise advertisements we display to you, please notify us.
Are Children Allowed to Use www.trixity.com.au?
www.trixity.com.au does not sell products for purchase by children. We do sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use www.trixity.com.au only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Complaints, Contact Information and Changes
If you have any concern or complaint about privacy at Trixity.com.au, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the conditions of use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide us information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through www.trixity.com.au; provide information in your account or profile (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us ); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; use our services; provide and rate reviews ; and use product availability alerts. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been made, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in 1-click settings; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in your profile; financial information; and driver’s license numbers or other information used to verify your identity.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfilment, advertising, or other services; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain services to some customers.
Co-branded and Joint Offerings
We may from time to time offer joint or co-branded products, offerings and services in conjunction with third party businesses.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at www.trixity.com.au include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences, address book, and 1-click settings); payment settings (including credit card information and promotional certificate and gift card balances); and your account (including your product reviews, recommendations, and your profile).
How can you contact us about a concern related to privacy?
There are a number of ways that you can contact us if you have any questions, concerns or a complaint about the matters covered in this Policy or how we handle your information.
A matter includes if you disagree with a decision made by us concerning the privacy of your information, such as a refusal to correct or provide access to your information. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will take reasonable steps to respond to you within 30 days of receipt. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au)
Use the ‘contact us’ page on our website
Or write, care of Frigo Adamson Legal Group Pty Ltd
PO Box 632, Mudgeeraba QLD 4213